Even though there is no such thing as a ‘perfect’ wedding, there are ways to save yourself from unnecessary hassle. Planning your wedding should be enjoyable and memorable, but it does help to know some things beforehand. While having a 100% stress-free wedding is not likely in the cards, there are some avenues you can take to help reduce your stress levels by implementing some money and time-saving techniques.
If you want to have some tricks up your sleeve that can save you time and money, check out our collection of clever wedding hacks.
1. You can still find that perfect dress while shopping on a budget. Do you really need a $1300 dress for one night? If you aren’t looking to have your dress altered, you can rent a dress for the day. Otherwise, if you shop around you can find terrific prices at retail stores, or at a consignment shop. Also, selling your dress is another option, if you can part with it.
2. Don’t obsess and spend a lot of money on your wedding invitations. Sure, they set the mood for your wedding, but not many people collect wedding invitations. Meaning, most of them will go into the trash. Don’t throw away your money. Instead, use online retailers or print out yourself them at home.
3. Don’t clutter up your own inbox with wedding emails. It can be hard to organize, and you are more likely to miss an important email this way. Instead, create you a new email account, specifically for your wedding. By setting up a wedding email account, you can keep everything together in one spot.
4. Ever think of having your wedding during the off-season? The off-season runs from October to March. It’s a great way to save money, especially if you need more cash for your must-have items. If this is not an option, opt for a weekday or during the day on Sunday.
5. Do you want to have a photo booth but don’t want to deal with the cost? Create your own photo booth by setting up an iPad. All you need is an iPad, a tripod, and a backdrop. Throw in some chairs and props and your set! There are photo booth applications available for you to use for your iPad, such as Incredibooth.
6. Never underestimate the power of a good wedding website. These easy to use websites are excellent at helping you stay organized by keeping everything in one place. Best of all, many are free and can help you with creating seating charts, track wedding RSVPs, track gifts, and much more.
7. Make good use of your makeup trial by scheduling it to be on the same day as your engagement photos. Don’t plan it on a day that you have nothing else to do besides errands. Not only will you save money by ensuring it lands on the same day as your engagement photos, but you will also know what your makeup will look like on your big day.