Your Ultimate Guide for How Much Food to Serve at a Party
Food is a major component to a good party. That being said, it can be difficult to calculate how much food you should offer. Luckily, we did the work for you with this ultimate guide for how much food to serve at a party.
- When estimating how much food to serve, always round up the numbers and portion sizes. It is better to have food left over than running out of food in the middle of everyone eating.
- Consider dishes that will be more popular than others, and serve more than the basic portion guidelines recommend.
- Smaller portions can be offered if you offer more food choices.
- Serving bread with the main meal will more likely fill any potential hunger your guests have.
- Avoid repeating spotlight ingredients. For instance, crab should not be served as an appetizer if it is also in the main dish.
- In a buffet style, be sure to offer both hot and cold options. Also, keep the color of dishes in mind for good variety.