3 Refreshing Summer Cocktail Recipes to Try this Weekend
Summer is in full swing, which means it’s time to sit outside and enjoy the weather. This is made even better with good friends and a nice seasonal beverage. Here are our favorite summer cocktail recipes that are perfect for cooling you off this weekend. And if alcohol isn’t your thing, feel free to leave it out! All of these recipes are great with or without alcohol.
- 20 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- 3 thick slices fresh watermelon, rinds removed
- 10 ounces light rum
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- Fresh mint and watermelon for garnish
Using a mortar and pestle, mash the mint leaves. Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Place the watermelon into a food processor and pulse until it forms a purée. Put the crushed mint into a large serving pitcher with the puréed watermelon, rum, simple syrup, and lime juice. Stir to fully combine. Serve over ice with fresh mint and watermelon for garnish.
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slushie
- 4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3.5 ounces Simple Syrup
- 8 fresh strawberries (green removed), plus some for garnish
- 4 cups ice cubes
Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender until fully combined. Serve and garnish with more fresh strawberries.
Blackberry Refresher Cocktail
- 0.75 ounces fresh mint
- 12 cucumber slices, 1/4-inch-thick
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- Juice from 3 limes
- 10 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 ⅛ cup gin
- 1 cup chilled club soda
- Ice for serving
- Cucumber slices, blackberries, lime wedges, and fresh mint for garnish
Place fresh mint, cucumber, blackberries, lime juice, and sugar a large pitcher. Gently stir and press the ingredients against the side of the pitcher with a wooden spoon. This will help release the flavors. Then stir in the gin and chilled club soda. Serve over ice and garnish.